Messed my computer up somehow...

aramp1

Well, everything was dandy, until I installed a Leadtek WinFast TV20000xp tv tuner. Actually, it happened when I installed the installation cd for it. My computer will only start in safe mode. I went back in and deleated the files and it still won't start up in normal. What did I do wrong?

aramp1

Well, I got it to work. I don't know why, but it works. I reinstalled the video card driver. I don't have the TV tuner in, but the computer starts normal now.

aramp1

It was AFU for a while there. I had to use the system restore to get it back to normal. I'm going to get some sleep and screw with updating the bios and getting a current driver tomorrow. Thanks for the imput.

stratford

just chuck the tv card out of the window.these things are a waste of time and effort. they cause all sorts of problems.worst thing ever invented for pcs.
most problems are caused by tv cards. use a tv and video it will save you loads of time and effort.you will regret putting the dam thing inyour system especialy one that runs ok.

DON'T DO IT
MSI ATX CASE
MSI kt3 ultra2 motherboard
AMD 3000+ barton core cpu 2.17 GHZ
THERMALTAKE 3400 AMD FAN/(extra cool)
256 L1 CACHE 512 L2 CACHE
1 GIG DDR RAM 2700 Mhz MEMORY 2.5 cl
ATI RADEON 7200 SE GRAPHICS (NOT THE BEST BUT NOT BAD)
WIFI NETGEAR ADAPTER
REALTEK NETWORK CARD
REALTEK AC 97 5.1 SOUND SURROUND
6 X USB 2.0 1X FIREWIRE ON D BRACKET
1 X 7200RPM 80 MAXTOR DIAMOND PLUS 9 HARD DRIVE
/running 2 x win xp home 1 x xp pro
1 x 40 DIAMOND PLUS 9 7200 RPM BACKUP DRIVES
1 X MSI CD RW/DVD ROM
1 X TDK DVDRW MULTI DRIVE
1 X FLOPPY
1 X 12 IN 1 CARD READER

Last edited:

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
okay, for starters, dont listen to stratford, apparently hes had bad experiences with them. now then, i dont see how updating the bios will help, but it wont do any damage, unless you flash the wrong one. now, u said that it all happened when you installed the stuff off of the cd. tell us what the make and model is, and we'll have a look for drivers, and the applications for ya.

aramp1

I ended up re-loading the video card driver and installing THE CORRECT tv card driver :) and it works like a champ!

Thanks elmarcorulz for the support.