Metal Mousepads?

jiSh

Any opinions on these?
Do they provide a better surface for optical mice? And how's about comfort for the hand?

Bobo

banned
Optical mice can track just fine on practically everything except wood grain.

For comfort, go to a store and try them out, and see how you like them.

jiSh

Yeah, I plan to go and try them out, I was just wondering if any particular surface offers any sort of advantage.

jiSh

The only thing I would worry about is the metal getting cold.

Heh I was thinking about that too. It just seemed interesting. Ah well I need a new mousepad when I go to get my wireless logitech desktop so I figured I'd ask. Thanks guys.

Nice forums too, I was looking for a good computer forum to settle into. Found it!

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Great to hear, we try hard here! :) Anyway, there are certain mousepads that are supposed to be specifically designed to improve optical mouse precision, but I think it a bunch of bologna! I use an old manual from one of my games as my "mousepad", works great! :D

yeah they work on just about anything, but remember not to use one of those dell mousepads or the ones with holographs on them cuz they screw up the laser and bonces the laser off at weird angles causing you mouse to randomly jump across the screen at times

Archangel

VIP Member
Yeah, I plan to go and try them out, I was just wondering if any particular surface offers any sort of advantage.

yes there is.. the colour makes a difference in power consumption... the darker the colour, the higher the power consumption of the mouse... thats why its the best to use a White mousepad on a wireless mouse,.. since the batteries last much longer when you do that. ( and yes, i tested it myself too, and its true :eek: )

fade2green514

depends what you like, if you do a lot of sniping you may want a more resistant surface so its not as quick, but if you prefer just running around shooting with a pistol then you might like a less resistant surface. personally i like the less resistant surface but the mouse could matter a lot more... which is why i spent $45 on it and got the G5 laser mouse.

pdc76

i have an alienware mousepad that is reversible. one side is smooth and the other side is rough. the rough side is alot more accurate when shooting from far away.

jiSh

Really, now that is some useful information. I'll take you up on that and get myself a nice white mousepad.

I'm not gaming, for the record, the mouse that comes with the keyboard/mouse wireless combo I'm getting is the Logitech MX600 (keyboard is MX3200).

goosy22

Optical mice can track just fine on practically everything except wood grain.

For comfort, go to a store and try them out, and see how you like them.

hmm... i use my Microsoft Wireless 3000 series mouse on a woodtop coffee table and have never noticed any abnormal moving of the cursor...

jp198780

i never even knew there were metal mousepads lol, i use my wireless mouses on a regular mouse pad, and sometimes just my desk..