MFSX addons not working

Krieger

I've had MFSX for a long while now so I was getting pretty bored of the included aircraft & always wanted a V-22 Osprey for the game. So I took a chance & gave the SimShack version a try but it doesn't seem to show up in aircraft selection after the download & install process. Even tried one of their free addons(the F-16) Any idea what the heck is going on here? I'm trying to use this on a CD installed copy of MFSX on Windows 10. PC hardware is more than good enough to handle flight sims so my PC isn't the problem. Did I get ripped off? Is SimShack just a bunch of con artists here? Keep in mind this is a CD installed copy of MFSX & not the Steam version. I don't want the Steam version & shouldn't be forced to buy a game I already have just to get an addon to work.

Krieger

Got the addon to work finally. Turns out it was getting sent to the wrong file directory. Guess the programmers over at SimShack didn't realize the aircraft addons were supposed to go to FSX/simobjects/aircraft.

Anyways, now I seem to have an issue with vertical takeoff & landing with the V-22 Osprey. It seems to still think its in vertical flight mode even though the rotors are tilted up. Instead of taking of directly upwards like a normal helicopter it proceeds forward for a few seconds until I start pulling back on the stick. I've seen plenty of FSX videos of this same exact addon showing the V-22 taking of vertically & landing vertically flawlessly. Could those videos be misleading in some way? Is it really meant to be a short takeoff & landing aircraft? Or am I doing something wrong?

Intel_man

VIP Member
Does the addon come with a manual? I'd go look at that first. Most quality addons come with substantial flight manuals to help you out.