mic not working properly

Cyr

Basically was on a call with a friend and my mic just stopped... im on win 10 and tried the privacy settings thing, tried updating my drivers, deleted them and re-installed them really tried a bunch of "solutions" but didn't worked at all, now im kinda out of idea and searching on internet doesn't help, thought about resetting my computer entirely but i dont really wanna do it, if y'all dont have a solution for me i might end up doing that ..
(im french, i do make mistakes in english, sorry)
thanks for any answers

OmniDyne

What type of microphone is it? USB?
Have you tested to see if the microphone works in other programs? What program were you using at the time of the mic drop?

You made sure your microphone is set as default?

Just to clarify, you made sure your mic is accessible in Windows settings?

PS.png

Cyr

its an usb, i was on discord and yep i did check if it was default device, its also the only one, and my mic is accessible in the settings, even on windows it doesnt works, discord and league voice either also its not a hardware issue since it works perfectly fine on my mate's computer

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like it might have just died on you. Can you borrow another microphone to test?

Cyr

Sounds like it might have just died on you. Can you borrow another microphone to test?
it does work fine on my mate's computer (already said that) also i just reseted everything and it still doesnt work... its a software issue not a hardware issue

Last edited:

OmniDyne

it does work fine on my mate's computer (already said that) also i just reseted everything and it still doesnt work... its a software issue not a hardware issue

Gonna be a silly question, but have you tried restarting your computer? Not shutting down, but as in clicking "restart"?

Has Windows installed an update recently?

Cyr

no windows update in last month, did so many restarts i stopped counting them after 10
gonna try to find a software to up the voice detection

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Right click on the sound icon down by the clock, click on open sound settings. What is listed on input? Have you tried testing it?

mic.jpg

Cyr

Right click on the sound icon down by the clock, click on open sound settings. What is listed on input? Have you tried testing it?

View attachment 9517
i did verify it
im pretty mad about this issue rn
also it seems like the voice detection is very low since loud noises does come through but i have no way to modify this... and it seems that it is the issue

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in device manager to see if there is anything going on there when plugging it in. Other then that I don't know what to tell you. If another usb headset works fine in your system then something is up with either identifying that one or driver or something....

Cyr

Well, you could try recovering a few days back instead of completely reinstalling.
i don't have any restore points
at all
[edit] : i might try to go on an older windows version
[edit2] : didnt worked

Last edited: