micro atx

lawrenq

I am about to build a new gaming pc. Not a serious system but one that can run the games with no problem. I want to use a micro atx size system but the ones that I see doesn't come with a power supply over 300 watts. Anyone know where I can find at least a 350 watt power suply for a micro atx case.

lawrenq

Yeah I want at least a 350watts. I found a cube styled micro atx case with 300 watts. I want to know if this is enough power to run an ati 9600 aiw and two 160gb hd and 512mb of memory and dvdrw drive.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I want to know if this is enough power to run an ati 9600 aiw and two 160gb hd
Well I used to run my system off (i had a Ti4400 and a XP2100 when) a 350W ... granted it was a Thermaltake one with reliable rails but even a stock PSU might do it.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Sufficient most likely ... but would I be comfortable with a 300W PSU? ... not a chance. :)

lawrenq

Nah I changed a micro atx pc system won't work. I've never had a system that had less than 400 watts. Any one know of a good site (a respectable one) to get computer cases from.

me i have got a 350 Watt power supply and a have 3 lights, 6 fans, 1 lcd screen and a rhéobus ! and (lol) a 9700 pro witch have to plug it to the alimentation !

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
me I have got a 350 Watt power supply and a have 3 lights, 6 fans, 1 lcd screen and a rhéobus ! and (lol) a 9700 pro witch have to plug it to the alimentation !
1. By LCD do you mean something like the Matrix Orbital or an LCD monitor?
2. The lights dont use much power
3. Those fans, regular stock fans or something like the Vantec Tornado? :)

I finally found a micro atx case that can use an atx size power supplies.
What make/model was it? :)

lawrenq

Praetor said:
1. By LCD do you mean something like the Matrix Orbital or an LCD monitor?
2. The lights dont use much power
3. Those fans, regular stock fans or something like the Vantec Tornado? :)

what make/model was it? :)
a coolermasrer atc-620