Micro sd card is raw and wont format

mark103

Hi all,

I really need your help as I am having a hard time with format on micro sd card. I've tried to format it through on my computer > micro sd card but it say that windows was unable to complete format the format. I've tried to use each different file system but it still wont let me because the file system is RAW. I've tried on diskpart and select the disk to format it but it would not let me to delete and format it.

I've tried every program especially minitool partition wizard, easeus partition master, diskinternals, sdformatter and usb disk storage formatter as they won't format it. I've found out that the file system is write protected so i wont be able to delete, remove or format.

I've looking on disk management and there is no hidden partition. The file system is RAW and the file system size is 31mb which it should be 128gb. I've found that the capacity and the volume used the size as incorrect. I dont know if the partition, MBR, volume or filesystem is corrupted.

Do you know what application I could use to boot it to find hidden partition, repair the partition, MBR, the filesystem and so on??

I've also tried chkdsk to repair the sectors but it say "The type of the file system is RAW.
CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives.". And I've also tried to plugged the micro sd card onto my smart phone, but i can only see is mount, not format.

I don't really know what to do now, so I really need your help.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Check the card itself, there is likely a switch on the side that controls the write protection state.

beers

Staff member
Check out diskpart once it's inserted, it may simply have failed.

I have a 32G MicroCenter card that behaves similarly, total hardware capacity lists 0 bytes.