Microphone/Headphone problem

Calvin Croy

Hello, I can't seem to get any microphone that has a headphones with it to work for when I'm gaming. Not sure what is wrong. Please help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How are you connecting these headphones to the pc? USB? Your microphone could be muted in the settings.

Calvin Croy

How are you connecting these headphones to the pc? USB? Your microphone could be muted in the settings.
I'm using a pair of apple earbuds, the opens that have a microphone on them. They worked before on my old computer but ever since I built my new one I have no idea why it wont work.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using the audio port on the front of the case or the back of the motherboard? If the front, did you connect the wires to the correct motherboard header?

Calvin Croy

Are you using the audio port on the front of the case or the back of the motherboard? If the front, did you connect the wires to the correct motherboard header?
I use the front just when I use them as headphones. Whenever I plug the earbuds in this prompt appears prompt pops up

Attachments

• Annoyance.PNG
    Annoyance.PNG
    96.8 KB · Views: 2

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your posts are a little confusing. You say you are using apple ear buds. Do they have a microphone integrated into them? I'm not sure if you'll be able to use them if they do. You may need headphones that have separate headphone and mic jacks to plug into the pc. Or a usb headset. Not familiar how apple earbuds work, maybe you would need a splitter to use them in a pc.

Calvin Croy

Your posts are a little confusing. You say you are using apple ear buds. Do they have a microphone integrated into them? I'm not sure if you'll be able to use them if they do. You may need headphones that have separate headphone and mic jacks to plug into the pc. Or a usb headset. Not familiar how apple earbuds work, maybe you would need a splitter to use them in a pc.
I think I'm going to have to purchase a headphone splitter.