Microphone in monitor problem

sem hamblok

ok so I bought an AOC M2470SWH - Full HD Monitor with headphone jack and audio in port
and a Sennheiser PC330 gaming headset with microphone

Now I want to plug in my headset in the monitors headphone input jack and the headsets microphone into the audio input jack. But for some reason I can only hear sound but my microphone won't do anything. My computer won't recognise the microphone. I somewhere read it could be that it has to be audio through instead of audio input?

the monitor is connected to my Zotac graphics card with hdmi.

I could use an extra cable to lenghten it all the way to the microphone jack on the motherboard. But for comfort reasons I would like to just have it plugged into my monitor.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sem hamblok

There is no mic input on the monitor.
yeah i noticed that put I thought an audio input jack is the same as a microphone input jack. Why would a monitor need an audio input jack then? What's the difference? it's both input it's both jack it's both audio?

ramirez

Some people connect headphones to their monitor cause the source connection is close rather connecting to the back of the PC or if there front audio ports are not cabled to the motherboard. Obviously you found out a audio jack cannot be used as the microphone jack. If you have a sound card you may have a microphone input there, or if you have onboard sound off of your motherboard.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Why would a monitor need an audio input jack then?
For the simple reason the monitor has 2 speakers in it and needs the audio cable from the pc to be plugged into the audio input of the monitor to hear sound.
What's the difference? it's both input it's both jack it's both audio?
Some machines will ask you what you have plugged into the port but your monitor doesn't have a port like that.