Microsoft Framework

Notatechie

After getting updates installed regarding the Microsoft framework, the computer now goes to the screen where I have to click my name to log on, opposed to just logging on automatically.
I googled the .exe of this and I figured out how to remove the log on screen but I forgot how since then and I system restored my comp. Anyone know how?? (I think it had to do with something under adminsitrative tools:confused:)

Notatechie

figured it out

I don't mean to double post but I found this on another post in case anyone has the same problem

1. click on "Start" - then click on "Run" - and type
"control userpasswords2"
2. click OK
3. On the Users tab, clear the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" check box and click "Apply".
4. Select the user you want to log on & click OK. A dialog will appear that asks you what user name and password should be used to logon automatically, just click "OK".

Then go to Control Panel / User Accounts, and click “Change the way users log on or off”, and untick both “Use the Welcome Screen” and “Use Fast User Switching”

tlarkin

VIP Member
what do you mean "not a techie" ? You just accomplished what most people who claim to be tech savvy can't. Actual troubleshooting with results on your own. You really are a tech person in disguise.