Microsoft FSX

SRcobra

I downloaded the demo yesterday and it doesnt have a proper tutorial so im trying to teach myself how to fly. Anyone got it ?

Its solid :O

I ordered the full game, should be here this week sometime, has anyone got this with a joystick was thinking of getting one?

-Sach

DirtyD86

banned
get on steam and ill teach you for as long as you want to listen

im an instrument rated private pilot working on my commercial and CFI in real life, so you're in good hands :)

steam - dhl1986

teamhex

I downloaded the demo yesterday and it doesnt have a proper tutorial so im trying to teach myself how to fly. Anyone got it ?

Its solid :O

I ordered the full game, should be here this week sometime, has anyone got this with a joystick was thinking of getting one?

-Sach

When D says listen he means no talking, at all, or he'l throw a fit and say you dont want to learn :)
Iv got it too, its pretty cool, gamespy is bloody weak though man, it gives you random disconnects n stuff.

N3crosis

Wait, I was thinking of picking this up a while ago too. Is there a safe site for a demo that someone could link (i.e. no viruses), and is flying a 747 with a joystick wierd or cool?

teamhex

We have a complete yoke with all the switches n stuff at work. It came out of some school, to bad I can get it :(

DirtyD86

banned
if you have a stick already, dont worry about buying a yoke, id be more concerned with getting a set of rudder pedals or a throttle quadrant, or even a headtracker.

N3crosis

if you have a stick already, dont worry about buying a yoke, id be more concerned with getting a set of rudder pedals or a throttle quadrant, or even a headtracker.

Nah I don't, but I kind of want to get FSX and a wheel/ pedals because my grandpa is a pilot. It looks pretty fun, plus it might relieve my fear of planes :D.

bebopin64

its really easy to not crash as long as you dont try to land.

i dont crash when im landing either though... instrument rated pilot in real life.

FSX made me want to start flying helis