Microsoft Office XP Small Business- missing sberet.msi file

csmith

Computer: Dell Latitude Laptop
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Originally, my computer came with Microsoft Office XP Small Business (Word, Publisher, Excel, Outlook) already pre-installed. A few months ago, I installed the Microsoft Professional 2007 Trial on my computer with only the Access Database components of it. Everything operated fine together for about 3 months. I decided to remove Professional 2007, as I no longer needed it. After I did this, when I attempt to access any of the Offie XP Small Business programs, such as Word, it gives an error message saying that I need to put in a cd. After I select cancel, it gives me another error message saying that I am missing an sberet.msi file.

As this computer came with Office XP Small Business already installed, I have no disks for it. Is there a way that I can obtain the sberet.msi file, or fix this problem in another way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

patrickv

you will need that disk, i highly doubt a system restore will work.
and you cannot just take the sberet.msi off the cd because after that you will probably need other cab files.

cheers mate

BluePlum

banned
Dont no but maby it will work.

Start--Control panel--add/remove programs--Microsofr Office 2003--Change--repair.

csmith

Thanks for all your help! I had tried the system restore and repairing Office 2003 under control panel already, and neither had worked. However, I was able to contact the company who sold the computer and locate the original disks. With these I completely reinstalled Office 2003 and now it is working properly again. Once again, thanks for offering your assistance!