microsoft outlook not displaying images

irishluck

My bosses computer is running windows xp and has micrsoft outlook express.

We have been having a little bit of a problem trying to get images to download in the e-mails, they basically just show up as codes and thats it. The sender says they have no problems sending them to anyone else but my bosses computer.

The cid code thing is the image, why wont they show up as an image \in the e-mail?

This is the message:

God Saw you
Hungry
& created
McDonalds,
Wendy's, and
Dairy Queen.

He saw you
Thirsty
& created
Coke,
Juice,
Coffee and
Water.

[cid:[email protected]]

GOD saw you
In the dark
& created
Light.

GOD saw you
Without a
Good looking ,
Adorable,
FRIEND.........
So
He created
ME [cid:[email protected]]

Send this on
To your good friends
Who are sooo lucky
To have YOU
For a friend also!!!!
Hope you're having a
Terrific Day !

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look in the security settings in outlook express. Open Outlook Express, click on tools, then options, then security tab. Uncheck the boxes labeled block images and other external content in html email under the download images section and then also uncheck under virus protection where it says do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus. Then you should be able to open attachments and view images in emails with no issues.

irishluck

i checked that and there both already unchecked=/ the e-mails are coming from trusted resources. they say that the other people aren't having any trouble receiving the images but my boss is.

I'm not sure what else to do....

terii

For your information Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Outlook Express are two different programs. You mention both but I assume you are running Outlook Express. Outlook Express is integrated with Internet Explorer on your computer. Look at the following article and see if reinstalling or resetting these components solves your problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

Last edited:

old_school

If Outlook is not blocking the images, consult your mail provider. If its google, my gmail blocks images automaticly. So you need to log into your mail providers site and make adjustments their and test. Likely he changed a setting on their site or a new policy took place on the mail carrier and they stopped images as a way to prevent "spam". If all else fails, backup and reinstall outlook.