Microsoft Security Essentials won't update please help

paulcheung

Hi all,
I just install Microsoft Security Essential on my Toshiba P105 laptop as th norton 360 trial version expired. I can't update MSE, evrytime I try it failed. the error message said error code 0xc8000222. error description: Cancel the scan. can someone tell me what is the error message say?
Thank you
Paul

Drenlin

Likely something to do with Norton...their software tends to leave bits of itself behind when you remove it. :/

Last edited:

User0one

Download the newest version of MSE to the Desktop, and install it over the top of itself, see if that does anything.

paulcheung

I had re-installed the program about 10 times, it won't update, everything else is working, just won't update. so I uninstall the program and still not put on any anti-virus program yet.
I have 2 other laptops are using, so it is not the turn to use this one yet, I use each laptop 1 week 24/7 on nonstop, so I have until next week to decide which program to use.
Thanks.

paulcheung

Thanks all, already removed MSE and installed Avira and running, But this program is very anoying by popup every now and then to offer me to buy their products.
Thanks everyone.