Microsoft Software for images and archiving?

Does anything come with Windows 10 that will turn a folder into an image file like .img or extract one to a folder?

Software that will burn a folder to an optical disc either with or without closing disc session?

Any software that can format a CD as an MP3 disc?

Darren

Staff member
Probably not the answer you want but honestly why are you using disks, particularly for that usage, in 2021?

Flash drive or external hard drive is a million times easier than messing around with disks.

Well optical discs are write once. Can't be modified. Including M-discs for long term archiving. I find image files convenient. And without spending 100s on an mp3 player compatible with my car mp3 CDs are currently the best option until my car has Spotify or something.

Imgburn is the software I use on old computer, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to like the software security wise. I would like to find a good alternative.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Imgburn is the software I use on old computer, but Windows 10 doesn't seem to like the software security wise. I would like to find a good alternative.
Smartscreen is stupid. Just ignore its warning and use ImgBurn.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You probably downloaded the wrong file. There's normally a ton of ads for other garbage around the download link.