Mid-High end computer turns on for seconds... then dies and restarts.

opencircut74

Hello, my friend and I have recently put together a PC with an i5-6600k, a 6GB GTX 1060 OC, 16GB of G.skill trident z 3200 RAM, A Gigabyte Z170 mini itx wifi mobo, a 60 GB m.2 ssd, a rosewell 750W gold certified fully-mod psu, and a segate barracuda 2 tb HDD. We made sure to hook everything up properly, and it turns on for roughly 5 seconds when we push the button. After that, it shuts off and waits around 10 seconds before turning on again. All of the standoffs are on correctly, as we looked carefully at the manual to ensure it was on correctly, and the mobo lights up and turns on. There is no display, even with integrated graphics, as well as no beeps. We are very confused to why it is not working, please help!

Darren

Staff member
Does it have a system speaker? Is it POSTing (1 beep)?

Any video at all? Try without the 1060 in there? Try without any RAM and see if beeps at you (it should if you have a speaker).

_Glitch

My first time i build a computer, it behaved similar.
The RAM wasn't all the way in. It had one of those locking designs that only have only 1 clamp.
It's important to make sure the bottom part of the RAM is in all the way.

Also, have you remembered to attach the CPU power cable? It will behave like that if you forget.

opencircut74

Yes, I attached the CPU power cable. We actually tried two different ones and they did not help. The RAM may possibly be the problem, since it went in a little weirdly. It has a speaker and is not posting.

opencircut74

Since I have never put ddr4 in a RAM slot (I have only ever worker with 1-3), I did not realize that it had a different mounting system and tried to seat it like it was ddr3. I did not hear a click, but I assumed it was in. I cannot reseat it until Wednesday, as we left the computer with a company that is only open on Wednesdays.