MineCraft

ScottALot

Anyone got it? One of the best games for its low price! This thread really only works if other people are interested/already have it, so I'll wait for other posts.

ScottALot

Aw man, how is this possible?!

It's like ~13$ and it's in the Alpha stage right now. It's somewhat boring to watch unless you've played it before, but I'll post some videos anyways. Basically, you are in this world where everything (rocks, wood, water, lava, dirt, ore, fire, etc...) is made of blocks. There is no objective, you just mine whatever blocks you want and forge your own house(s) and constructs that you want.

You can play on a few difficulties (peaceful, easy, medium, hard) that change the amount of damage you take from enemies. (on peaceful, there are no enemies) Enemies are skeletons, zombies, spiders, slimes, and some others I think that come after you either at night or in dungeons (explained later). At night, enemies spawn in unlit areas so if you have your house lit up, then you have some time to be ready to defend yourself. The enemies just roam the world until they are within eyesight of you. If that happens, they just book it towards you. Sometimes you can hear them make their respective sounds so you know to look around, other times they will sneak up on you and scare the crap out of you.

With the blocks that you find, you can create different usable objects. Unassisted, you have a workbox of 4 squares. If you want 9 squares, you must make a workbench like this.

Wood Wood
Wood Wood

Then you place that workbench down and you can create things like:
Boats
Blank Blank Blank
Wood Blank Wood
Wood Wood Wood

or mining picks (in this case, a stone pick)
Stone Stone Stone
blank Stick blank
blank Stick blank

You'll find dungeons while mining underground. Sometimes you'll stumble upon them, other times, you'll hear a strange noise and while that noise is playing, you can figure out where it's coming from by facing different directions and comparing the noise. In these dungeons, there are enemies to face as well as hazards like waterfalls and lava. Why go in dungeons, then? Because dungeons have the best things to mine, like coal, obsidian (made by channeling water to a lava source), and diamond (rarest thing you'll find) as well as other blocks.

It's only 13$ while in Alpha stage, but it will double when the game releases. You can play with friends if they host their own server, and if you want to just build without the risk of running out of blocks or being hunted by enemies, you can play the free classic version. Let me know if you buy it!

[YT]2Sk6RRYJBWo[/YT]
^hacked

[YT]7fS4UvHRCvs[/YT]

[YT]0VWnQHS-ffs[/YT]

[YT]yp_tsR3Y_P0[/YT]

Last edited:

Twist86

@ScottALot
I must admit that pit of little girls with no way out in the first video made me think "where's pedobear in this picture" :p

I got this for my nephew and he loves it....I played it a few times but I can't really get into it unless I am really really stoned. I require a challenge of some kind or a goal to reach and I really hate the wood/stone picks as they take forever to break stuff up. If I ever find a cheat for Obsidian id like it more OR if they made the lower-end picks dig in 1 hit (same durability though) would be awesome.

bomberboysk

I have some friends who are totally addicted to it....i havent ever played it so i can't really comment on it.

Twist86

Well someone needs to buy it and start playing with me O_O

Sadly not my cup of tea....I am a very "goal orientated" kinda guy. Building is fun but there is no point if there is no challenge for example build a castle and then survive till you die from enemies "sieging" your castle. Sadly once you get a hole in the earth and enough coal for 100+ torches you never really run into any enemies and its just a artistic building game.

Mez

I'm currently playing the Classic Version, I just built a mansion on the side of a hill with a waterfall and moat, but apparently you can't save data on the classic version :)

ScottALot

I think you can? Esc menu should have a button for saving and if it doesn't, there's some way to save it on your desktop. Try downloading the classic version instead of using the browser.

JareeB

i just bought this game, scott we should play. and someone needs to host a 24/7 sever for this game!!

ScottALot

Jeese guys, it's only 13$ ! And it's always getting better! Alpha stage is amazing, can't wait til Beta and release :D

Twist86

Jeese guys, it's only 13$ ! And it's always getting better! Alpha stage is amazing, can't wait til Beta and release :D

Ever think the game just isn't all that appealing to others and no one wants to spend $13 on it? I mean I accept the price as my nephew loves the game but I think its boring and can't see myself spending countless hours doing it. Id rather just go up in the attic and get my lego collection and just fill my entire living room with a city of legos with my nephew/cousin then play minecraft by myself doing the same thing digitally.

If they ever add some actual goals vs building only then I might get interested but the designer all ready said he wont.

Mez

Just bought the game last night :D Totally addicted, but im still just building a mine... I have like 5 floors in my mine all the way down to where you can't dig anymore, and I keep running into Lava and almost killing myself. I've found quite a bit of gold, a few diamonds, and alot of iron. I just finished building my dock for my boats, and I created a genius water device that carries unwanted materials (you have to throw them in) and carries them to a pit with lava at the end and burns them :)