MIR, too good to be true???

MIR, do companies honor then

• Total voters

The_Beast

i was going to order sometime in the next week/month, but do companies like EVGA, Antec and ViewSonic really give you money back or is it just a gimmick???

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Don't make a purchase based just on the MIR. Newegg(and companies purchased from there) have always been good about sending me rebates. However, I have also not gotten what I should get from other places.

Also, I've purchased stuff, but to get the rebate you must cut off the UPC and send it in. This voids the warranty with some companies...

Bobo

banned
I've gotten all my rebates from every company except Norton. 3 different times, they won't give us our rebates, for whatever reasons.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I've gotten 2/2 of the MIR's I've sent in for eVGA products ;)

If the rebate is though newegg, and not something run from the manufacturer's website, you'll probably get it.

Geoff

VIP Member
I get most of my rebates.

But as TOO said, you cant look at the price after the rebates, because you dont get them for almost 16 weeks, and you may not get them at all.

Jet

VIP Member
I get all my rebates....except from Tigerdirect. I had a $90 rebate for my 19" LCD from them, and I called multiple times, and they always assured me that they were going to send it. That was a year and a half ago :(

TherealChessnut

Haha, sue them for the amount of the rebate... now that would be funny.

Personally I avoid rebated items... (or I only look at the rebate as a bonus if that was already an item I was getting.) Basically what a lot of companies bet on is that most people will either forget or won't go through the hassle so usually the slower and more painful the process, the better for them. That being said, I have heard a lot of good things about Newegg's service.

Geoff

VIP Member
Personally I avoid rebated items... (or I only look at the rebate as a bonus if that was already an item I was getting.) Basically what a lot of companies bet on is that most people will either forget or won't go through the hassle so usually the slower and more painful the process, the better for them.
Thats what I feel. I dont include the rebate as part of the overall component price, because it takes so long to get that by the time you get it, you've already paid off the computer.

That being said, I have heard a lot of good things about Newegg's service.
They do have great service, but the rebates arent through them, most of the time.

The_Beast

I'm not buy a part just because it has a MIR, i want the P180B (25MIR), the antec True Power Trio (25MIR), the evga 7950GT (15MIR), EVGA NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI (20MIR) and a ViewSonic 19" monitor (20MIR)

800th post horay

Last edited: