Mirrors edge

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is this game? Any good?

Seen it today for £9.99....but i try to hold myself back from just buying games before even getting any reviews from it....:D

Aastii

VIP Member
It was crap imo. So repetative and some of the puzzles were ridiculous, you have to jump exactly and grab exactly, with no margin of error, so you would end up doing the exact same spot for ages, over and over and voer, which with an already repetative game, doesn't go down too good

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will take your word for it then :)

It looks real nice graphics wise....but no point in it been pretty if the game itself isnt that good :p

tks :)

Fatback

VIP Member
It was crap imo. So repetative and some of the puzzles were ridiculous, you have to jump exactly and grab exactly, with no margin of error, so you would end up doing the exact same spot for ages, over and over and voer, which with an already repetative game, doesn't go down too good

+1

I played the demo, and did one part like 50times before I finally got it. By the time I was done with the demo my decision was already made.

The Chad

It was 3 games for R150 (About $20) so I bought Burnout Paradise, Crysis: Warhead and Mirrors Edge. Though it was a bargain :)

ETSA

I tried it and I thought it was pretty good, the puzzle are interesting, it is almost a platformer / fps except you spend more time avoiding combat. I may buy it in the future, good game overall I thought. Kind of unique among all the generic fps out there. Most people who don't like it found it too difficult.

Aastii

VIP Member
I tried it and I thought it was pretty good, the puzzle are interesting, it is almost a platformer / fps except you spend more time avoiding combat. I may buy it in the future, good game overall I thought. Kind of unique among all the generic fps out there. Most people who don't like it found it too difficult.

no no, it wasn't that it was difficult, what you had to do was obvious, 9 times out of 10 it told you, it was that it was so bastard fiddly at simple parts because timing had what must have been a .1 second error margin, so you had to repeat the same simple bit over and over and over until you timed it absolutely perfectly. If they fixed that, the game would be superb

wellhellothere

Just bought it for £3.24 off steam! Only expected bad things from all the press this got, but really, is it really that bad? I love it so far, im only a couple of hours in but i think its faultless at the moment. Original presention, amazing graphics, fast paced gameplay and a great soundtrack to top it off. Obviously it depends what sort of thing your into (this seems to be a seriously mixed review game) but i really like it, i'd reccommend any day.

Especially for so cheap

Machin3

I just opened this thread and noticed most of the negative feedback about the game. This is after I purchased it on Steam. :D

epidemik

Honestly, for $5 you can't go wrong. I played it for an hour or so on xbox and dindt think it was as bad as everyone seems to be saying.
I jumped on the steam deal today. $5 is ridiculously cheap for a video game and even if it gets repetitive after 4 or so hours, it would be worth it.

EDIT: Just looked into it and it seems like it takes people around 6 hours to complete. Kind of short but I'm looking forward to it. I'm pretty happy with this deal (but haven't played the game yet hah)

Last edited:

Whisper91

I bought it. And it was very challenging. Through many levels I decided to throw my controller through the wall. But I got through it... until the level where I had to jump in the middle of a mall foyer. The only way I could complete is, was to start the whole level over because you have to break this glass at a certain part, and blah, blah, blah. So it was really frustrating.

But if you like free running, this game is for you. I actually quite enjoyed this game. But at some levels, it may take you hours and hours to complete.

I would give it a 9/10

Dystopia

I found the game great, at first. After a while, it degrades itself to good. Still worth buying,especailly for 10 bucks.

Machin3

I found the game great, at first. After a while, it degrades itself to good. Still worth buying,especailly for 10 bucks.

Yes, I bought it for $5 and I get how you were saying that its good at first. I started playing and I would get shot and it kind of made no sense because they make it look easy in the training but when you actually face guards, i die. :(

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I'm glad I didn't spend my money on it. I've played it, but haven't finished it yet.