misconfigured documents folder win11

sussertown

somehow my wife lost the documents folder on the tree. I created a new documents folder and appropriate icon. Then I placed it in the library. I think the documents appeared immediately. Now, when I try to move another folder into the documents system folder, the bubble says desktop. Actually, if I hover over the documents folder it says documents, but if I check it's properties it says it's located on the desktop. That's confusing me. Is it a problem?

Okedokey

Right click on Documents and go to properties.
Click on the Location tab.
There you can Restore the Default or move it to a different folder / find the target.

sussertown

The standard directions do not work for this problem. You can see that in some iteration it says documents and in another it says desktop. I tried creating a new documents folder in photo 3 but it still confuses it with Desktop and tells me I already have a folder with the same name. If I try to copy the documents folder into that Herman Susser folder, it's trying to copy 6700 files! I assume maybe because it's trying to retrieve them from onedrive.

Attachments

• Documents.png
    Documents.png
    131.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Documents2.png
    Documents2.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 2022-07-26 11_08_12-How to Restore the Default Location of your Personal Folders in Windows 11...png
    2022-07-26 11_08_12-How to Restore the Default Location of your Personal Folders in Windows 11...png
    37.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Okedokey

Check and edit the registry to make the changes you want (see pic below). Once you have made the changes you want, restart.
Once restarted go to a command prompt (elevated), type sfc /scannow
Wait for the scan and repair to finish.
Then update Windows.
1658882416304.png

sussertown

Check and edit the registry to make the changes you want (see pic below). Once you have made the changes you want, restart.
Once restarted go to a command prompt (elevated), type sfc /scannow
Wait for the scan and repair to finish.
Then update Windows.
View attachment 10781
I may have already fixed it, but I'll keep watch and save this post. I had done some work in this editor. Thank you.