Missing battery status top of my Android tablet.

johnnyb58

I'm not talking about the one that pulls down, I want the one that is visible all the time along with some other stuff that I don't remember. I like it because it is big enough that I can see it all the time

It had disappeared last year and I never could get it back. I didn’t know what it is called to ask anybody and searchas all came up with the little one that dropped down. Well last week I had a problem with my tablet and had to completely reset it and it came back. So last night I tried to sweep the screen to make it bigger and the damn thing disappeared again just like it did last year. I do not want to reset the tablet because I still haven’t got back all the apps I had before only because I don’t remember the passwords.

So just to be clear; the tablet has 2 screens, one when it’s opened and another that slides to the left. The screen that slides to the left has a large status bar across the upper part of the screen that shows the battery and some other stuff and this is not the tiny little icon that drops down.

Anyway I need it back and I’d appreciate either the name of it so I can search for bringing it back or instructions on how to do it. Thanks

johnnyb58

This is driving me crazy, Apparently I'm the only one in the country to have had this. I spent hours looking through Google Screenshots of Verizon ellipsis tablet battery status and there isn't nothing. I thought I might get lucky and see it on my Wife's android phone, but she doesn't have it either. Nobody knows what I'm talking about without a photo or screenshot yet it came with the phone as standard feature. I guess i have to drive to a Verizon Store and try to fine a Tablet with it on it. I just wish I knew what the hell it's called

johnnyb58

Is it your lock screen? Sometimes you can change the layout of it.
I'm not sure what that means, but I'd like to lock it if I ever get it back.

The way I lost it was I was trying to expand the screen and the horizontal banner with the icons in it moved down to the middle of the screen, it disappeared when I tried to push it back up because I did it too fast and it went off the screen. I believe the same thing happened last year if I remember right.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, now I have a better understanding of what you are after. It's basically called a widget. Do a long press on the screen and you should see where it says add widget. See screenshot from my phone running android 9.widget.jpg

Click on widgets and look for what you want. I'm pretty sure this is what you are looking for. Once you select the widget you can put it anywhere on that screen as long as there is room.

johnnyb58

YES!!!!! That is it, WOW I can't believe it, Thank You Very Much John.
Someone mentioned Widget before, but didn't say how to do it. Thanks Again