Don't know if these two issues are inter-connected....BUT.....
First issue...I had a computer crash on me the other day. I have been able to re-load all programs and files because I am fanactical about "backing up to disk" (for just this reason). So now that I've gotten my computer back (very close) to the way it was, I need to get it to access the internet. It is an older desktop (Dell Dimension 4550, P4, 2.5 Ghz, 256 RAM). I've installed SP2 and have the "Wireless Internet Connection Wizard". I am having trouble accessing the wireless that I have throughout the house. My Laptop will access this internet from the same area as the desktop is in.
Any suggestions for this?
Second issue...The monitor no longer has those 2 monitors in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I know that if I could access them I could right click them and get some of the "Connection" information.
Any suggestions on this?
Thank you you in advance
Dave
First issue...I had a computer crash on me the other day. I have been able to re-load all programs and files because I am fanactical about "backing up to disk" (for just this reason). So now that I've gotten my computer back (very close) to the way it was, I need to get it to access the internet. It is an older desktop (Dell Dimension 4550, P4, 2.5 Ghz, 256 RAM). I've installed SP2 and have the "Wireless Internet Connection Wizard". I am having trouble accessing the wireless that I have throughout the house. My Laptop will access this internet from the same area as the desktop is in.
Any suggestions for this?
Second issue...The monitor no longer has those 2 monitors in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I know that if I could access them I could right click them and get some of the "Connection" information.
Any suggestions on this?
Thank you you in advance
Dave