Mmmmmm... storage space!

Geoff

VIP Member
I like my new storage setup on my computer, hopefully I won't run out of space for a while :D

free_space.jpg

TFT

VIP Member
I just upgraded from 2 80Gb hard drives to 1 500gb and 1 250gb for my data, I'll never fill it (for a while at least);)

Geoff

VIP Member
Damn that's a lot of storage!

I have 120 GB storage lool

lol, yes it is.

I had 2x 320GB drives initially, which I used one for the OS and the other for data. But yesterday Best Buy had a deal for Black Friday where you can get a 320GB SATAII drive w/16MB cache for $59.99. So I said what the heck, picked two more up and i'm running them in RAID 0, hehe.

I also have a 500GB external which you can see.

MatrixEVO

Have you noticed any performance increase with the RAID 0 setup? In games and regular usage? I am thinking about RAID 0 for my 2 320GB SATAII drives as well.

Geoff

VIP Member
Have you noticed any performance increase with the RAID 0 setup? In games and regular usage? I am thinking about RAID 0 for my 2 320GB SATAII drives as well.
I haven't had a chance yet, I'm still installing everything since I needed to backup, then install Vista and all the apps.

I'll post back with some benchmarks as well. But in the meantime, can you run this benchmark so we can compare: http://www.hdtune.com/

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
Criminy that's a lot! Although, I'll bet there are at least a few folks on here that could fill that with relative ease fairly quickly :)

Here I am sitting on 2x80 Gigs. I went with a few 160's before but then my OCD drifted into the computer-realms and the thought of all that space just sitting there...empty...waiting to fragment...<shudder>. You should see my partitions now :p