mobile internet sharing... help

wardhanster

well i have a broadband internet and what i want is to share it thru bluetooth on my laptop so that my phone (sony ericsson w580i) can connect to it and acess the internet.
i know a software for s60 symbian os phones like n70 where a client is installed on the mobile and the server is installed on the system .... but have no idea for java based phones .... any guesses?

sshaggy

Well as far as i know, there is NO java client for this. But there is for symbian phones, an application called gnubox. It is available for s60 v2 as well as s60 v3.

You have to install a software called mrouter in ur bluetooth enabled pc. Then after a couple of simple methods, u will have internet in ur symbian phone via ur pc. The howto method can be found on simple searching.

wardhanster

Well as far as i know, there is NO java client for this. But there is for symbian phones, an application called gnubox. It is available for s60 v2 as well as s60 v3.

You have to install a software called mrouter in ur bluetooth enabled pc. Then after a couple of simple methods, u will have internet in ur symbian phone via ur pc. The howto method can be found on simple searching.
well this might help with what you think, click here

and the reason i started this thread was to have a name of the software....
anyways thanks for replying.

I think that through bluetooth you cant use your laptop internet connection on your mobile.Your mobile should have wifi then only you can use internet from your laptop on your mobile..
138l1308.jpg