mobo + memory combo questions

ddashtrois

first of all, thanks for having me on these forums, I just registered a few minutes ago.

my issue is that I'm planning to build a new PC, but am not sure what a good combination would be as far as the motherboard and memory. I'm looking to do some decently hard core gaming and I feel the rest of the setup I've chosen is a pretty good setup for the $1,033 I'm at for the moment. Everything seems pretty simple to match up and I built my last computer but I know memory can be make or break depending on the motherboard. I'm looking to spend $300 or less between both the motherboard and the memory, and want the best bang for my buck. Also, I'm willing to go the DDR3 route over DDR2 but only if it's an easy setup, plus affordable. I've heard that with the DDR3 you actually have to overclock it to make it reach what the companies specify it runs at. I want to plug and play, not plug and tweak. I tried looking for hours to find a combo but would appreciate a solid opinion. Here's a list of what I've got to work with.

-COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 Black/Silver SteelATX Full Tower Computer Case
- 2x Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (I'll be RAID 0'ng these drives)
-ASUS EAH4870/HTDI/1G Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
-Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor
-OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

please help me ^^

mahnac

For $300 you wont be able to buy the best mobo and RAM out there but there will still be some good deals around, keep looking.