MOBO OEM Screen

B_Wease

Hey, So I'm trying to disable the Mobo screen when I First turn on my computer, I was told that I need to push Delete on boot up to go into the BIOS, the mobo i'm using is an MSI newer mobo, the question is, Do I have to install the mobo disc in order to get to these options?

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
No. When you first turn on the computer you should hit the BIOS/Setup button (Del, F2, F8, F12, Esc, who knows) then look for something like "Boot logo" or "Display Logo" and disable it.

B_Wease

The problem i'm having is my boot is too fast, I am using a SSD and when i turn on my computer, it loads so quick that I dont have time to push it, i must have restarted my pc about 20 times and never once have i seen push DEL to enter bios or anything like that. I know with my previous pc's it says something like F2 or Delete or something like that, but this just shows the Mobo display, which is just a picture, then goes right into loading windows 7

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
As you turn your pc on then start pressing the del, f2 keys and hopefully one of them will bring the bios up.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Like said, just start tapping the Delete key after you hit the power button. Don't have to wait or try to catch a screen

B_Wease

right when i turn on my pc i start mashing my delete button, still nothing. Just logging right to windows, also tried with F2 and ESC.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What is the exact motherboard you have? Are you using a usb or ps/2 type keyboard?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try hooking up a ps/2 type keyboard that has the round connector instead of usb. Its possible that you don't have legacy usb(usb keyboard and mouse) enabled in the bios so thats why the key presses aren't working during post screen.