Modern Warfare 2

Aastii

VIP Member
New demo trailer ^^

soooooo looking forward to this game, just finished work so now have the money to preorder it, off to town to do so tomorrow :D

[YT]6ZUmTdeaoiQ[/YT]

How many of you will be getting this for PC?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow this looks super good,Im going to pre-order too i think,129 days away though :cool:

ducis

I cant wait to use actual modern weapons in modern warfare!

BULLPUP FEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

is there a release date yet?

computernoob1

I cant wait to use actual modern weapons in modern warfare!

BULLPUP FEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

is there a release date yet?
Quote from wikipedia
Wikipedia said:
The game is set for a worldwide release on November 10, 2009, for the Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360 consoles.

Aastii

VIP Member
wow thats about 2.5x faster then valve can release an episodic game

Valve don't have just one game under developement like Infinity Ward do, atleast not just one mainstream game, seriously, can you quote any other games coming out in the near future made by IF?

Valve on the other hand have the TF2 packs, HL2 ep3, portal 2, L4D2...little more than just one, so let em off :p

PohTayToez

Looking pretty good, but I want to see multiplayer gameplay.

I really like the nearly complete lack of HUD... I hope they make it like that for the whole game, and not just in "Hardcore" modes.

epidemik

I hope theres something innovative in the multiplayer. Another MW will be awesome, i hope the single player is as good as the first but I will probably not buy it if they just redo the cod4/waw multiplayer. Its time for them to come up with a new brilliant system or at least make some significant adjustments or changes.

g4m3rof1337

I hope theres something innovative in the multiplayer. Another MW will be awesome, i hope the single player is as good as the first but I will probably not buy it if they just redo the cod4/waw multiplayer. Its time for them to come up with a new brilliant system or at least make some significant adjustments or changes.

It's being done by Infinity Ward, don't worry. :D :cool:

Aastii

VIP Member

OK, i have found out this from a clan member:

Below is what i have found out so far.

Vehicles will be in MW2

M16 will return, using stopping power will only be OHK at head, neck, and torso (abdomen, limbs, and hands/feet will not)

Ak47 and M4 will return, unknown if there are any changes

M40 will return, ACOG damage boost will be fixed

Scorpion, P90, M21, R700, G3, G360 will not return

There are more unknown weapons that will not return

New sniper rifle: SR25M (United states forces)

New Assault rifle: Diemeco C8 (Canadian forces M4 equivelant)

New Assault rifle: L85A2 (United Kingdom forces)

Total weapons in multiplayer are said to be around 35

Favourite Modern warfare 1 maps will return

Helicopters, air strikes, UAV will return

Red dot sightings will come in different shapes for multiplayer (circular, square, original)

Snipers will have special grass camouflage (As seen in Modern warfare 1's campaign)

All perks will return from MW except eavesdrop and others will be altered

All gametypes will return from MW and all will have hardcore versions

New gametype: Secure (Call of duty version of capture the flag, however you capture the enemy's Intel)

New gametype unconfirmed name, similar to search and destroy, however instead of trying to plant a bomb, you try to kill a specified enemy

Solider customization for each class (and each country)

Sniper with silencers will NOT be in multiplayer

There are NO bots in local multiplayer

Similar version to Nazi Zombies, however details are unknown

NO guest players online, 1 player per console

Killcam save feature

There is blood and gore

Offline/Online Co-op

Story takes place in the Middle East

Role as US marines return

Ken Lally voice work in campaign

New army tags will be available to add different elements in campaign (similar to halo skulls)

Campaign-only weapons

epidemik

Aastii,

Does he have source? And honestly, based on that, it sounds like more of the same. Theres not anything extremely new in multiplayer. Like, people bought COD4 just because the multiplayer was revolutionary (and the amazing single player was a plus) but it doesn't sound like its going to be like that here. But also, it says "Story takes place in the Middle East" which I don't think is correct so I'm a little skeptical of the entire list (even though theres nothing special about the list). Meh, all I'm sayin is that cod4 was epic and MW2 better be a worthy sequal or I'm gonna be bummed.

Aastii

VIP Member
Aastii,

Does he have source? And honestly, based on that, it sounds like more of the same. Theres not anything extremely new in multiplayer. Like, people bought COD4 just because the multiplayer was revolutionary (and the amazing single player was a plus) but it doesn't sound like its going to be like that here. But also, it says "Story takes place in the Middle East" which I don't think is correct so I'm a little skeptical of the entire list (even though theres nothing special about the list). Meh, all I'm sayin is that cod4 was epic and MW2 better be a worthy sequal or I'm gonna be bummed.

I'll ask where he got it from, but that is what i have been told so can't give any sources and whatever other than a clan member :p

They can't make it just SAS though really, then the americans would get all whiney because it isn't showing patriotism and good old american shove your fingers down your throat and put your hand on your chest heroism.

That and it is MODERN warfare, and unless you are going back a good couple of decades, there isn't a conflict between russia and Britain anyway, so they would have to make it atleast slightly accurate.