Monitor Goes Dark From Time To Time

DJboutit

My monitor goes like 70% dark from time to time example when I open Irfanview but I have not loaded a image yet it goes like 70% how do I fix it so the monitor never goes dark??

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have the f.lux software installed perhaps? Other than that, it seems hardware related. Could be issue with cable, video card, or monitor.

DJboutit

I do not have f.lux installed I have only had this computer like 3 1/2 months and I never had this problem with any other computer I have had. It is only happening with programs that are black when first opened.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try updating the video card drivers. How long has it been doing it? Was any software recently installed or update that may have started causing it?

DJboutit

I just updated the video card driver and restarted my computer it is still doing the same thing. IMHO it is acting like the computer is going into a power save mode.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try a different monitor, different cable, possibly video card. Check your installed programs to see if there is anything that may do this. If there is, it would bug the hell out of me.

JLuchinski

What brand of monitor do you have? I had a similar issue, mine is an Asus, there was a setting that was causing it, I think it was eco mode or something similar.