Monitor has trouble 'resuming' has left me confused

Respital

Whenever I turn off my monitor walk away and turn it back on, it won't display the video output from my computer. This happens with two separate computers (with different GPUs) as well as in different scenarios. Sometimes if i simply leave it on and walk away long enough that it goes into sleep/power saving mode, it won't resume upon moving the mouse or pressing keyboard keys. A few times I was able to fix this by pressing Win+L, just sort of to have something on the display change, but now I have to unplug the cable and plug it back in for the display to output video. Like I said, it happens with two different computers but I can't figure out why this would be happening. When I'm at the computer using the monitor, there are no problems whatsoever.

Model: Samsung T220

Okedokey

Hibernation or Cstate issue. Ensure you have the latest Windows patches, GPU drivers and motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers.

Respital

Try accessing the monitor settings and choose to reset it.

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...from_osc=&idx=428804&modelcode=LS22TWHSUV/ZA&

Otherwise it could be a video cable issue. Highly doubt its anything with the pc or video card since it happens on different pc's.

Tried that, can't be sure it even reset; pressing reset didn't yield any noticeable action by the monitor.

Hibernation or Cstate issue. Ensure you have the latest Windows patches, GPU drivers and motherboard BIOS and chipset drivers.

Everything is up to date.

I got a new clue today (reason why I'm bumping the thread): when the monitor won't 'resume' I also can't access the menu on the monitor itself. I have no idea what this means..

C4C

I have the same issue with my ASUS monitor, but it only started happening when plugged into the mobo (I have no GPU).

Today I tried hooking up a capture card and through the card, it'll resume just fine.

Quite odd, but an RMA doesn't hurt if it ends up fixing the issue.