Monitor problem? Maybe?

ridid44

New Member
I recently made a computer and, its almost done. (missing RAM and OS) I would at least think, if I plugged it into a monitor some kind of message would come up.
Anyway, nothing happens. The monitor says no signal. I have it plugged in through a VGA cable. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Also, this is my first build, I'm kinda clueless.

Thanks
 
my guess is you def. need the RAM for the computer to boot. I'm not an expert but thats what i would say. OS is optional and RAM you need. does it even turn on?
 
No ram installed, no boot. You would not see anything on the monitor. The computer would have to post in order for anything to show up on monitor and it won't post without memory.
 
To answer 1st question: Yes it starts.

And, so RAM is needed for anything to show up on the monitor, or even to get a signal
 
Back
Top