Monitor Problem

spinnnerrr

Hey guys. I posted this in the GPU/monitor section but the thread wasnt getting much replies, so I'm reposting here. Delete if need be.

I recently installed a new sound card. While I had my cases side panels off, I decided to redo my wire job. Boom, boom, done. Started up great. Monitor was working, but my keyboard wasn't. Along with that, I noticed the usb ports on my cases front weren't working as well as my extra internal usb expansion board (extra headers and usb slots, which my keyboard was plugged in to). Turned out i mixed up the usb header wires. Okay, fixed that... Now my monitor isn't displaying a picture.

I've tried different display wires. I've tried using the mobos HDMI slot. I've tried different monitors/tv's. I put my gpu in a different pci slot. I dusted out the pci slot. I turned off my monitor for 30 seconds cause the internet told me doing so "resets" its electronics. I rechecked all of the wires and saw nothing wrong... I can't figure out if I did something along the way when I was fixing my usb ports or what!?

Today is the second day I've been trying to figure this out and it's driving me mad. Please help me out! :(

Specs:
i7 4790k
Asrock z97 oc formula
GTX 980
Corsair 750W

For my monitor (asus) I'm using an HDMI to some sort of vga connector to my gpu. My tv is connected via HDMI.