monitor question

hlp

i just got a new monitor when i first in install it it fine but later i found there a small red dot on the left side of my screen n like a small green one at bottom when i push against the screen the red one disappear for a bit n then come back as for the green one it didnt do anything is the wire loose or what anyone know?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
You have what is known as "stuck pixels". These will sometimes work themselves out (I had a monitor like that myself...), but if you really want to get aggressive there are things that can be done, but it's risky...

joh06937

they are most likely either dead pixels or artifacts. probably dead pixels. try connecting it to another computer if you can or try hooking another monitor up to your pc and see if they are still there.

hlp

You have what is known as "stuck pixels". These will sometimes work themselves out (I had a monitor like that myself...), but if you really want to get aggressive there are things that can be done, but it's risky...

what r the things that can be done? does it involve me taking the thing part?

@joh06937
idk if is dead i just got it today

joh06937

oh, ok, i just looked it up and dead pixels are black (hence, "dead"). yeah DCIscouts is right, they are stuck. try gently rubbing over the pixel (with clean hands!) or flashing bright colors over it rapidly. you might end up just playing the waiting game.