Monitor resolution

jjshs2009

Ok i am new to this site and im not sure if this question has been posted before. I just bought a new monitor (Dell In1910N 18.5") to replace my old crt monitor that finally broke. Now when i try to view the maximum resolution for the monitor, which is 1366x768 at 60 hz. I understand it may be due to the fact my graphics card is old (32 MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra). Is this the case and if it is what graphics card would be good to buy just to fix the resolution problem. I'm not a gamer, but i do watch a lot of movies on the computer.

kimsland

I'm not sure what the issue is
But try 1024 x 768 if that fixes it

edit:
Oh you replied when I replied

Bodaggit23

You would need a new power supply also, as your computer only has a 250watt PSU.

What is your budget?

Have you tried turning the resolution down until you find one that fits?

Maybe you can find one that's tolerable?

jjshs2009

i mean i found one thats tolerable i just felt that i might as well try to get the best out of the monitor i bought but would it be possible to get a new card plus new power supply for under 100? or maybe would it be better to just get a new CPU?

Bodaggit23

i mean i found one thats tolerable i just felt that i might as well try to get the best out of the monitor i bought but would it be possible to get a new card plus new power supply for under 100? or maybe would it be better to just get a new CPU?

I see. Well, I think you're fighting a losing battle here, as your monitors native resolution seems to be an odd one.

You could upgrade your GPU and PSU, but there's no guarantee that a new card will support that resolution either.

I have a GTX 260 and I cannot run that resolution...

linkin

VIP Member
Have you got integrated GFX in that computer? If you do, give it a go. It may just be able to handle that odd resolution.

kimsland

It does have onboard Video, seen HERE under "Ports and Connectors" (halfway down the page)

But to access the onboard Video you will first need to remove the AGP Card from the computer (ie both do not work at the same time, ever)

Paul17041993

the ati radion 9250 (agp x2/x4) will work on virtually any motherboard with agp and is pretty good at playing most old games, plus you get tv and dvi outputs.
HIS still makes them (last time i checked), about $50 or less (australian dollars)

i used to use one (and my sister still uses one) but after 10 years of heavy use, it unfortunately cacked itself
but for 10 years it was pretty damn good! it can run all your resolutions (on two screens even) easy!:D

oh-yea, it is also low-profile compatible and you wont need a new power supply or anything