Monitor turned assy!

Sebouh

Something shitty is happened to my monitor. For the last 2 days i sensed that the colors are getting brighter, more whitish. And suddenly today i open the computer and the picture is very bright and there are some kind of horizontal, a little oblique, lines appearing.
I am sure this is a hardware problem. Has anyone ever had problems like this before. My screen is Elite 17''.
thanks.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Try reinstalling the drivers for your video card, and installing something more than a generic driver for your monitor. There might even be a Color correction program for your Monitor if it a brand name.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
If Trizoy's advice did not help then I would guess your monitor is at the end of it's life. Usually when a CRT is getting old it gets darker however I had a 21 CRT with a Sony Trinitron tube that got brighter and washed out. With some Googling I learned that this was normal behavior for the HP Flat screen CRT (cannot remember model #) that I owned and others suffered the same fate when their CRT got older (3 frigging years).

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Sebouh said:
im sure its not a software problem, it hasnt been 2 years since i've got the monitor.

You might have gotten a bad one is all with a short life span. The wifes last CRT lasted 1 year and my HP CRT did not last long either.