Monitoring voltages

The VCR King

As of right now I am currently saving up money for my new power supply. In the meantime, is there any programs I can download that I can use to monitor my PSU's outputs up until my PC has one of it's fits and needs to be reset?

beers

Staff member
Something like speedfan or sisoft sandra can show you these, although don't offer historical reporting or anything.

If you had a multimeter (ie, not meat thermometer) then you could measure them physically during failure state.

If you don't already have one then I wouldn't buy one for this sole purpose though. You can also run an intensive benchmark and see if any of your voltage ranges particularly sag by just looking at the reading in one of the aforementioned applications.

Laquer Head

Wouldn't that make it a multimeater? ;)

c69ef26d6df5ca89e3b5731d898ddd9e.jpg

The VCR King

Something like speedfan or sisoft sandra can show you these, although don't offer historical reporting or anything.

If you had a multimeter (ie, not meat thermometer) then you could measure them physically during failure state.

If you don't already have one then I wouldn't buy one for this sole purpose though. You can also run an intensive benchmark and see if any of your voltage ranges particularly sag by just looking at the reading in one of the aforementioned applications.
I actually have a multimeter but it's just a little Harbor Freight one. Would I stick the little pin things into the 12v and ground on one of my available molex connectors?

Okedokey

Use the yellow and one of the black wires, fire up a gpu bench. You want 11.4 - 12.6V and not outside of that. Closer to 12V constant is what you want.