Monitors Losing Signal

Redbull{wings}

While using my PC I sometimes lose the signal to my monitors and they display No Signal then go to sleep. The PC continues to run and if I had audio going it continues to play normally.

This happens during both normal use (i.e. web browsing) and gaming. I checked temps and load during gaming through HW Monitor and nothing unusual showed up. GPU was at about 65 C and 60% usage. CPU was at 50 C and 40% usage.

I've updated my video drivers and tried reinstalling them to no avail. I am a bit lost on what to troubleshoot next but I suspect a bad GPU. What do you guys think?

Redbull{wings}

Good call. Tried different cables (VGA, DVI, and HDMI) on both of my monitors but the problem persisted through all combinations.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try a different monitor. I have a monitor that will lose signal to the dvi port now and then, works fine on the vga port.

Oops. Just reread and saw you used different cables. Most likely something up with the video card or drivers.

Redbull{wings}

New Development: It crashed just now but, this time it gave me a BSOD. Video_TDR_Failure (atikmdag.sys)

It hasn't done this before but it seems like it's probably related.