Most Important Hardware Upgrade of 2005

Kboy

Hey all, :)
it's a new year and I'm sure most of you know a little bit about some of the new hardware upgrades coming out in 2005, but what do you think will be the most important newly released hardware technology in 2005?

I would make this a poll, but someone might think of something new, so go ahead and comment.

Bobo

banned
KillermilleR said:
faster processors

What faster procs??

Intel aint gonna go any higher than the 3.8GHz, they're devoting all their time to dual core

I dunno what AMD is doing, but they just came out with the a64 4000 not too long ago. But theyre more interested in clock effeciency than clock speed

smftexas86

no matter what they bring out, it will be better and faster then what we have right now, and so I just can't wait!!!

Echo_

Bobo said:
What faster procs??

Intel aint gonna go any higher than the 3.8GHz, they're devoting all their time to dual core

I dunno what AMD is doing, but they just came out with the a64 4000 not too long ago. But theyre more interested in clock effeciency than clock speed

well dual cores are gonna be faster...

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Echo_ said:
well dual cores are gonna be faster...

The processors themselves won’t be.

Software will have to be written to utilize the twins, which will ultimately reduce the time it takes to complete a task.

Echo_

SFR said:

The processors themselves won’t be.

Software will have to be written to utilize the twins, which will ultimately reduce the time it takes to complete a task.

ya thats what i meant sorry if it was confusing

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Echo_ said:
ya thats what i meant sorry if it was confusing

Definitely not a problem. I am guilty of the same. Many times, I can clearly explain something in my thoughts, but transferring them to words and then to written text…. that can be a challenge!

..And Praetor is always the first to jump on the miscues.. lol