Mother Board FSB???

zer0_c00l

your build

:D i would really have someone put together a nice build in your budget on here..these guys know their stuff.. :D

truly if you tak into consideration that past 32 fps it looks the same, and above 100 there is no need at all, then amd v intel doesn't matter, at and above 200 bucks for the processor it will all look the same, and with the amd you have upgradeability and multitasking, and for the encoding and that stuff you said idk if that's right, i'd check anandtech's benches section.

I believe the number is 60 FPS not 32. 32 FPS is slow shit for many forms of games maybe not as much for RTS or Shooters though.

jonnyp11

look it up, science has proven that 32fps is the ability of the human eyeball, above that is to make sure fps dips from things like smoke and explosions aren't getting in the way, but they won't take it down enough to matter, you'll notice it for half a sec then back to normal.

jonnyp11

plusibo, i know it's spelt wrong but sound it out, i bet if i put 30 over the 60 and 60 over the 30 then you'd still say 60 is more realistic, and 2fps will do that too

plusibo, i know it's spelt wrong but sound it out, i bet if i put 30 over the 60 and 60 over the 30 then you'd still say 60 is more realistic, and 2fps will do that too

I doubt that. I've played games like super smash brothers melee at both 35 ish fps and 65 ish. 35 was unbearable, slow and choppy. 65 was smooth and really enjoyable game play. Maybe it just doesn't make difference to you? My eyesight is really good (20/20) so maybe I can just detect these things better. Well all this aside I need a card that is good at AA and can play modern games on max settings. It should also be reasonably future proof. I don't want to spend more on a better card now when the prices will drop by the time I need to replace it anyway. GPU's are cake to install so that gives more reason to go mid-high range instead of top range.

I've made up my mind and I'm going with intel. I just can't go with AMD knowing that I'm paying the same but getting less performance. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

jonnyp11

actually a doctor recently told me she wished she had my eyes, i read i think the whole poster with the random letters on it with both eyes, as in one closed, then the other closed, might be that my comp sucks so much i can't experience the 60fps on high enough settings for it to be noticeable or relivant since it's pulling between 20 and 30 max.

Perkomate

the Intel I3 2100 is really all you need for basic productivity. It's a dual core with hyper threading, so it'll handle pretty much everything for a while. They're super reliable as well.

the Intel I3 2100 is really all you need for basic productivity. It's a dual core with hyper threading, so it'll handle pretty much everything for a while. They're super reliable as well.

Thats what i thought initially but people keep telling me to go with i5-2300. I don't want to buy the i5 now if the prices will drop later though. I've heard that intel's prices are pretty stubborn not sure if thats true.

ktec

actually a doctor recently told me she wished she had my eyes, i read i think the whole poster with the random letters on it with both eyes, as in one closed, then the other closed, might be that my comp sucks so much i can't experience the 60fps on high enough settings for it to be noticeable or relivant since it's pulling between 20 and 30 max.

Can we vote to ban this tool already?

jonnyp11

ktec, stop being an ass, go **** yourself like you always do since your the only person that will.

and that was replying to a post where pc said i might just have bad eyesight so i couldn't tell, i have good eyesight and that was a spot where i was told i did by a doctor, so adaian, **** off ass hole, you wanna do something about it then come to my house and i'll kick your ass, i'm not gunna let some ass hole on the internet trash talk me when i'd lay money down that i can **** you up worse than you've ever experienced b4.

Last edited:
ktec, stop being an ass, go **** yourself like you always do since your the only person that will.

and that was replying to a post where pc said i might just have bad eyesight so i couldn't tell, i have good eyesight and that was a spot where i was told i did by a doctor, so adaian, **** off ass hole, you wanna do something about it then come to my house and i'll kick your ass, i'm not gunna let some ass hole on the internet trash talk me when i'd lay money down that i can **** you up worse than you've ever experienced b4.

ROTFL! Every1 Chill on focus on the important topic: my rig. :D

what will you be using the computer for?

Gaming, gaming and more gaming. I have ADHD so I always open up a bunch of apps at the same time and keep switching between them. Therefore I need a decent multitasking rig. These apps are NOT cpu or ram intensive though.

Okay i got some more questions now:

1) Can i really save a lot of money by OCing an AMD rather than buying an intel?

2) Is it even worth saving money by going AMD considering that they run hotter and louder especially when OCed.

3) Is a GTX 460 overkill for 1280 x 768 resolution considering that I will be using full AA, AF, and max settings on demanding games?

jonnyp11

1) you can still oc the intell and it will still beat the amd.

2) not so much

3) idk, but it should be able to run anything maxed out on that res