!!!motherboard choice help!!!

Hey guys, I plan to build a new gaming system within the next week or so (or when the parts arrive). I'd like to be able to play most games today relatively flawlessly and also not worry about having to upgrade for atleast a year or so, while still being able to play on relatively high settings.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: As soon as possible. Ideally I'd like to order the parts tomorrow.
BUDGET RANGE: £1200-£1600

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (this is by far the most usage), internet surfing and general applications

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Pretty much all accessories, so keyboard, mouse, speakers, ect.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Aria Technology, CCL Computers, Dabs.com, ect. I'm new to buying components online so any suggestions of reputable online retailers that ship within/to the UK would be appreciated.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: UK

PARTS PREFERENCES: I'm considering an Intel CPU, 6GB RAM in tripple channel, 24" - 26" widescreen monitor, full tower, ect.

OVERCLOCKING: Not as of right now, possibly in the future. SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Same, possibly in the future.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Most likely 1920x1080 or 1920x1200.

This is what I'm considering right now:

Intel i7 920 (£212 Aria)
Cooler Master V8 (£50 CCL)
Asus P6TD (£198 Dabs)
6GB OCZ Gold 1600MHz DDR3 Triple Channel (£135)
Radeon 5870 (£300 Dabs)
Samsung Shinpoint F3 (£69 Aria)
Samsung 22x SH-S223B DVD±RW SATA (£16 Aria)
Corsair TX950W (£115 Dabs)

I'm content with the CPU, heatsink, GPU, HDD and optical drive. The motherboard has been causing me quite a bit of confusion though, as I've read it's not compatible with the RAM I chose (1600MHz), but others say it is. I'd be happy to change either the RAM or the motherboard (or both) if anyone has any better suggestions. I was also unsure if I needed a 950W PSU. I plan to upgrade in the future so I wanted a bit of room down the line, but like I said, I'm unsure.

Also any suggestions on a case would be nice. I'd like a side window, good cooling, the usual stuff. I've been checking around and I seem to be leaning towards a Thermaltake one. If anyone can vouch for one of their models, please tell me.

Thanks in advance. Advice is greatly appreciated.

ganzey

banned
Last edited:

ganzey

banned
^^yea, it is a nice mobo (not as good as the evga classified) but its just overkill for what he's gonna use it for