Motherboard for i7-3960X

Spesh

It might that is just another forum's own world record or break record in their forum.

Lol, no HWbot is a melting pot of the worlds best overclockers. I believe the 8GHz Celeron was achieved by a team from Eastern Europe (may have been Poland). If you want to see ridiculously high overclocks and benchmark scores, HWbot is the place to go.

Jamebonds1

Lol, no HWbot is a melting pot of the worlds best overclockers. I believe the 8GHz Celeron was achieved by a team from Eastern Europe (may have been Poland). If you want to see ridiculously high overclocks and benchmark scores, HWbot is the place to go.

Are you sure? Because if it is about overclock wars with different website, not interest. Plus there are other record in another forum.

xxmorpheus

Yup, thats what I can run stable with the setup in my sig, 5.1 will crash out very fast.

I ran 5.007 on prime 95 for over 48 hours and it was perfectly fine.

That being said, I have my rig at 4.8 right now, and thats where I leave it for

+1 4.8 is a good sweet spot. Not like 200mhz makes that much a difference. Especially with the crashes.

3930k is nice btw

Gary1

Go with the i7-3930K, save 400 bucks, and get an ASUS Rampage IV, for 100 more.

Better solution, and your not paying out the ass for the extreme cpu.

While I respect your comment I am currious where do you find one of the two Intel made. Seams Newegg has sold out of these the first day it was released.
Tigerdirect does not carry it.

As for the MOBO I am all for the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme and why waist the remaining 24 lanes of PCIe bandwidth?

I suggest holding out for the IVY Bridge-E but I can see both sides of the decision.

Jamebonds1

it is good way to save for LGA 2011 is buy cheap CPU then buy fastest CPU later. LGA 2011 is most powerful motherboard ever made.

chuckzwood

While I respect your comment I am currious where do you find one of the two Intel made. Seams Newegg has sold out of these the first day it was released.
Tigerdirect does not carry it.
Yes, that is a problem -- no one has the 3930k in stock! However, the 3960X is not a problem to get.....which ultimately, may be the deciding factor.

I suggest holding out for the IVY Bridge-E but I can see both sides of the decision.

Although I wish I had the option of waiting for other processors to be released, the problem is, on busy days I am spending 10-12 hours a day stuck in front of a computer doing work which should take a fraction of that time. My system is not able to handle what I need to do, so, I'm not really in a mood to wait too long :cool:.

As for the MOBO I am all for the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme and why waist the remaining 24 lanes of PCIe bandwidth?

Thank you for the motherboard recommendation!