motherboard issue

bigl2007

i have evga 750i ftw bios not loading no series of beeps when i tested it with no ram installed i recently put in new heatsink fan after that turned it on post code ff but is not loading anything to monitor so no display and i dont have onboard video btw how to clear the cmos properly does pc have to be on or pluged up or will it clear without power i was thinking that may work but not sure what to do

2048Megabytes

Were there any changes made to this system right before the problems started happening? Have you tried another working video card?

bigl2007

dont have another pci e 16x card and no changes just different heatsink fan i remove ram booted no beeps so somethings not right

2048Megabytes

Also, to put your BIOS settings back to factory default pull the CMOS battery out of your motherboard for around 30 minutes or longer if needed. This should put the BIOS settings back to factory default.

bigl2007

umm

does psu gotta be plugged in and on in back when i take battery out or does it work without power for those few min

bigl2007

i still not sure if im clearing cmos i pressed cmos button and i tried bootin it and no display i did it with power off but while its off the mobo had lights that stay on but im just not sure how to solve

bigl2007

i just

i just pressed the cmos button on my board with power on and nothing seem to happen and i dont know if i shoul remove battery with board plugged in or what plz help lil annoyed that it still says ff but g doesnt boot to on screen

2048Megabytes

I doubt reseting the BIOS to factory settings is going to do anything. The problem is likely a hardware issue. I think it is either your monitor, the video card or the motherboard.

Try switching the monitor with a functional monitor. If that doesn't solve the problem you may want to borrow a working video card from somewhere.

crazythunder

always check your cables. check that the video card is seated perfectly as well. or even try it in a different slot if possible.
i always unplug my power supply when clearing cmos,just to be sure.
why do you keep saying you removed ram?

You said that you removed and installed a new heat sink. You may have damaged your CPU. Try re-seating the CPU and heat sink and then see if it will post.

If you suspect the motherboard, check to make sure you didn't knock any of the capacitors loose. Look for any bulging or leaking capacitors too. They will cause a no post condition.

bigl2007

well some suggested that i boot with no ram to see if it beeps like crazy but it still didnt beep and gave FF post on boot today i undid everything to make sure motherboard was setup right i took out cmo battery undid the 12v power and vid card i took out hard drive too and re fastened everything put cmos battery back booted and still nothing but ff post code everything is seated right power cords are snug cpu doesnt have anything damage and capacitors look good

2048Megabytes

The motherboard is faulty in my opinion. You will need to buy a replacement motherboard and I hope you have a Windows installation disk.

Buy a motherboard from one of the following manufacturers as they make good quality mainboards:

Gigabyte
Asus
MSI

bigl2007

ok im thinking mobo faulty as well umm i want something that lets me oveclock cpu and has sli pci e 2.0 plus i want it to allow my ram speeds to be controlled so if i overclock cpu ram doesnt run hot but i need something that allow 1066mhz ddr2 cuz my ram supports that i believe any ideas on cost would this kind of board be cheaper now

bigl2007

windows

by windows installaition you mean a windows 7 home premium 32 or 64 bit that allow for formating and all that

bigl2007

can someone link and recommend a good overclockable board support for dual channel asus sli pci e 16x 2.0 best bang for my buck but will work with my 1066mhz ram 45nm cpu support under $130 or is there none like that i want something cheap but not crappy for gaming will work with correct build setup mostly

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

From what you have stated I do believe you have the Windows installation disk you will need to get your system up and working again.

I can't suggest any motherboards that are good with overclocking components because I know very little about overclocking. I would ask the question in the Desktop Section of the forums about the motherboard you want. Give your processor and RAM specifications so people can give you more accurate advice.