Motherboard Problems.

Ampacity

Hi

Before i start thanks for checking in.

I have an evga 680i LT motherboard in my system. I've owned it for about a year now, just here lately its started acting funny in games like bioshock. In which i use the full power of my system and my 8800 GT 512MB. Usually it lets me play for about 2 hours and red spots pop up all over the screen, it remains playable for a few moments and then it freezes. I know that sounds like the video card but listen to this, In call of duty 4 after a few hours of play the screen freezes and a high pitched sound comes over the speaks until the computer is reset. Not only that i notice disconnection errors, in games anyway.

My system consist of
Intell 6750 C2D running @ 2.6 now i use to run 3.3
2 GB of muskin ram
evga 8800 GT 512MB with Arctic cooling S1, i've checked it for any problems every thing is on it right.
2 500 GB HD
sound blaster x-fi
gigabyte network card
silverstone power supply

Knightsman

It sounds like your beating your computer to hell and you need to upgrade.

You might not want to hear that but you probably paid at least $49 for bioshock. us that $49 to upgrade and wait a few months for the price of bioshock to go down...

Stop maxing out your hardware or you are looking at a short life span. You wouldnt rev your car to red line the whole time your driving it....

Ampacity

I'm not worried about bioshocks cost, i bought it right when it came out.
I'm worried about my mainboard, i paid 200$ for it 8 months ago and its acting funny already. Perhaps the overclocking for to much for it. I'm thinking of buying a new board, i won't be buying a 200 dollar sli board... every again.

I don't think bioshock is hurting the card at all. The game at max doesn't even slow it, i've never seen below 50 fps.

thanks for replying!!!

Ampacity

Hey

I think your right i have dropped my clock speeds to stock. So far it hasn't crashed, frozen, or had any loud noises coming through the speakers. Plus i'm using evga drivers and not nvidia drivers. It still seems a bit choppy at times though.. any ideas why it would remain that way? Could my overclocking have hurt the board?

Any advice is welcomed.

I'm still laggy on online games, acts like it loses connection.

Quick69GTO

Use the latest nVidia drivers. The choppiness will more than likely go away using them.
Also shut down any unnecessary programs from running in the back ground when you game.
The lag when online gaming can be caused by several things. I'm assuming you have broadband so try hooking up your PC directly to the Cable/DSL modem and see if the lag remains. If it cures the lag then you may want to look at the devices between your PC and the modem.

Good luck!