Motherboard Question...

Elite

banned
I purchased the following motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-K8NSC-939.
and i want to connect the motherboard to my 2 front USB ports (by cable) on my new case.
The problem is, i don't know what the cable is called so i don't know what to ask for when i go shopping.
The cable connects in the F_USB1/F_USB2 (Front USB Connector)

Any help will be much appreciated. :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Your case should have connectors like these:
usbheader

Elite

banned
I'm still not sure.

My case does have connectors like this but there are two yellow connectors on the motherboard with 9 pins each. I'm not sure where to connect each connector from the case to get the front USB ports working. Will i have to get two of these? (see below):
Connection-FA402A.gif

Rambo

Are there any wires at all which seem to come from where the front USB's on your case are?

Elite

banned
Yes there are (the connectors look like the ones above on the pic that Praetor posted). The actual writing on the connectors is different to mine.

Last edited:

Elite

banned
Front USB Connection Help!

Please download both of the attachments that i posted and tell me how will i be able to connect the connectors to my motherboard.
Note: I have 2 connectors on my motherboard, they are yellow and have 9 pins each. They look a bit like this.
(x=pin)

x x x x x
x x x x

Rambo

Elite said:
Yes there are (the connectors look like the ones above on the pic that Praetor posted). The actual writing on the connectors is different to mine.

Well, tell us what they say then :D

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well,
1. you dont have to worry about "No pin" and "NC"
2. What you have labeled as Data1, is marked as DX (Data2 is DY)
3. Pin7 is Ground1, Pin8 is Ground2

Elite

banned
But I have 2 of these connectors:
fusb27va.png

How can i connect the wires above ^^^ (see my previous posts) between the 2 connectors on the Mobo to get the front USB working?

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
But I have 2 of these connectors:
So? If you only have 1 set of wires then you only connect 1 (well i mean you could try connecting 2 with only 1 set of wires but that might be hard) :)

Elite

banned
Yes in my manual i found the following:
Pin No. Definition
1--------Power
2--------Power
3--------USB DX-
4--------USB Dy-
5--------USB DX+
6--------USB Dy+
7--------GND
8--------GND