Motherboard

paulirl

Hi folks, I have just replaced the motherboard on my computer and when I run the system reinstall disc what came with the computer it is saying "this is not the disc for this system", when it quite clearly is, I am assuming this is because I changed the motherboard over.
What can I do to rectify this?

DiViDe

You have a Dell? I have a Dell and I was trying to reinstall XP with the Dell CD. It wouldnt work because his computer wasnt a Dell like mine. If mix parts on a Dell it will not work right. I have tryed this before.

SirKenin

banned
It sounds like you are trying to run a restore disk. I have had this argument with people before. Restore disks are tied to the motherboard. If you do not use the same motherboard, the restore disks will not work. Most of the time.

DigitalMicron

I take it what your trying to do is re-install your system with the OEM XP CD that came with your system when you first bought it. Well yeah it's not going to work. They have special coding that look for the computer manufacturer's information on the board that origonally comes on those systems. Sry to give you the bad news but your going to have to buy a new XP CD. :(