Motherboards AHH!

Turnitdown

Im having trouble finding a suitable motherboard for my budget.
There are so many!!
My system so far is this

CPU - Intel E8400
GFX - nVidia 8600GT
Case - Antec 300
PSU - Antec EarthWatts EA 650W
RAM - Corsair PC2-6400 4GB
HDD - Samsung Spin Point F1

At the moment im leaning towards the Biostar TPower I45 here: http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductID=906799&source=froogle

But i read a review which said Its a GREAT board for OC'ing but its quite slow when you dont.
As im planning not to OC im wondering if i can get better for my budget.
My budget for the CPU and Mobo is around £250, With the E8400 costing around £130 ive got about £120 for the Mobo. Could push it slightly.

Can i have your recommendations please.

Thanks,

blue957400

If you can find a gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L I highly recommend it. I have it and works great with me e6750.Everything you need since ur not gonna sli or crossfire right? You can overclock but since you aren't this is also good. And if you can find it it's under $100.

Ram: 2GB (2x1Gb) OCZ Gold 800mhz
Case: Cooler Master Elite 330
Sound: Integrated 7.1 channel audio, Logitech Z-560
Hard Drives: 250gb
Power Supply:500 watt coolermaster
Monitor: 22" Acer X223Wbd Widescreen

Turnitdown

Get a gigabyte/ Asus P45 Mobo

I recommend Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3P
http://www.scan.co.uk/Product.aspx?WebProductId=847362

How much is your 8600GT? It is a bit outdated

Ive had my 8600GT for a while now. It was £60 when i got it. My Current PC case isnt big enough for it to fit inside, and as its a dell they're motherboards are a funny shape i think. So im going to put it inside this machine, Im hardly going to be doing any gaming though.

Decided im going to go for the Gigabyte you recommended as it has a firewire port when the Biostar didnt. Have you had any experiences with it?

Also, Now that my Mobo is a bit cheaper i think i could spend a little more or the processor. So up to £150.
Would Quad core be the route to go down? If so can you recommend me one?

Thanks,

teamhex

Ive had my 8600GT for a while now. It was £60 when i got it. My Current PC case isnt big enough for it to fit inside, and as its a dell they're motherboards are a funny shape i think. So im going to put it inside this machine, Im hardly going to be doing any gaming though.

Decided im going to go for the Gigabyte you recommended as it has a firewire port when the Biostar didnt. Have you had any experiences with it?

Also, Now that my Mobo is a bit cheaper i think i could spend a little more or the processor. So up to £150.

Thanks,

I dont want to tell you what to spend money on, but for that price, you should get a 9800gt or something. If im not mistaken with rebates you can get em for like 100 bux. If your going to build that system, get a decent GFX card.

Turnitdown

I dont want to tell you what to spend money on, but for that price, you should get a 9800gt or something. If im not mistaken with rebates you can get em for like 100 bux. If your going to build that system, get a decent GFX card.

Ill be spending around 200 on one nearer the end of the year but the Sims 3 will keep me occupied until then and im sure the 8600GT will be good for that :D

daisymtc

Thanks,

I don't have that particular Mobo. But gigabyte mobo produce good quality mobo.

CPU: You can go for Q8400 if you want to. It would be better to have quad core in long term...

However, I personally will go for AMD Phemon IIx 4 940 + Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3/ Asus M3A78-T, becasue intel LGA 775 socket will come to end soon...