Mouse doesnt seem very responsive

eem2am

Hi,
I am using a USB mouse in my windows 10 computer. (Huawei Matebook)The mouse just doesnt seem very responsive. My "mouse mat" is a piece of white paper on the desk. Maybe a proper mouse mat will make it more responsive? Ive tried changing the mouse speed up and down, but that doesnt help. Its kind of like harder for me to be so 'accurate' with this mouse, as i used to be able to on other laptops. (ie placing the mouse pointer in a certain place on the screen)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try just using the top of the desk to see if it tracks better, if not you may need an actual pad.

A new surface may suit your mouse better, for me it was wonders going from a desk to an actual cheap mousepad
If not you can also try disabling mouse acceleration in mouse settings>additional mouse options>pointer options or checking for dust in the laser well at the bottom
If the mouse comes with any software (like ghub) you may want to check the polling rate

tremmor

My question is was it working before?
If not responding now and was working i used a
paper towel and Pledge cleaner. wiped the bottom of
mouse and the table top. always worked for me.

eem2am

Thanks, yes this mouse worked before. The light area at the bottom looks clean....its a large-ish red light and easily visible, in fact, quite bright.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I'm surprised its tracking at all on a white piece of paper. Well I'll be, just tried it and mine works.

beers

Staff member
Trying to track on paper sounds iffy/lame. You might be able to print a photo on it or something for better visual tracking although the paper feel on that would also be awkward.