Mouse is very slow and sometimes not responsive!

alij2021

This is a very weird issue, and I bet you have heard about it for the first time. My mouse is not responsive properly and it is very slow. These are the troubleshooting I did:

1. Changed to a new mouse. Still, the issue is the same.
  2. Changed batteries.
  3. Changed Bluetooth adapter to different USB ports.
  4. Disabled "Enhanced pointer precision" in mouse settings.
  5. I even changed mousepad. It was working fine for 3 minutes then stop bein responsive. However, when I place the mouse on a book, it is working. The mousepad is clean and new.
  6. Mouse sensor is clean as it a new mouse.

What things are causing these?

I am on Windows 11.

alij2021

Are you only using wireless mice to test? Try a corded mouse.
I do have corded. I tested with two wireless mouses.

What is weird is why they are not working anymore on mousepad but on a book they are responding. They are not that perfect on responding on book, but they do move.

Also, they responded on the mousepads too earlier for 5 minutes then stopped. I changed mousepads too.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is this for a laptop or desktop? You could be infected with malware, have you ran a scan using Malwarebytes? Have you done any general cleaning to your system lately? Have too many programs running at bootup? There could be a bunch of things causing this.

alij2021

Is this for a laptop or desktop? You could be infected with malware, have you ran a scan using Malwarebytes? Have you done any general cleaning to your system lately? Have too many programs running at bootup? There could be a bunch of things causing this.
I checked with Bitdefender Free. Nothing. Cal i run malwarebytes with bitdenfender?

alij2021

Yes you can.
Just scanned, no infections. StartUp Apps also is ok, I have only 3 apps. The mouse works on rough surface like on a book but not on mousepad anymore. It used to work well for 6 months. Tested another mouse, and the same, does no work on mousepad anymore.