Mouse issues

Skytbest

So I'm running XP on a fairly old system, 1gb of ram, and old P4 processor. The mouse is just awful, it dosnt matter what mouse I use, the pointer is laggy and jittery and slow, but this sometimes dosnt happen, only most of the time. Although it is very odd because this does not happen when I put the mouse on my thigh or something. When using the mouse pad, or just the desk below the mouse has these issues, but when I move it to my leg it works just fine. Right now im using a logitech wireless mouse, although it also happens with the basic USB dell laser mouse. I dosnt have a ball mouse to try it with, I don't know if that would work better. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Zatharus

VIP Member
With optical mice (especially old ones, but to a lesser extent with laser mice) the surface type can make a difference. Reflective or overly shiny surfaces can affect how the optics track your movements. What kind of mouse pad are you using?

effinMaster

use one of the new microsoft bluetrack mouses I've seen em at Staples...that can work on any surface except glass. Sounds like optical issues or go into your control panel and reset your default settings.