Mouse Lag on medicore CPU for Gaming

superstinger

Not sure if this is in the right section...anyway...

I get this weird type of mouse lag when my CPU is running at 100% during the time of playing games ( especially when hosting ). When the CPU is running at full, the mouse seems to skip around very quickly, sometimes it will slow down, thus becoming unpredictable and hard to aim. This happens in all games I play in in ( particularly First Person Shooters, where aiming is indeed very important ).

I have a Logitech G400.

My guesses are that the drivers managing the mouse are placed at a lower priority of the process that is running the game, thus skipping and/or modifying cycles at which the mouse updates its movement.
Another guess is that the mouse is high quality and thus has a high update rate, reducing this 'rate' may fix my issue. Ive tried downloading Logitech 'Gaming Software' and 'Setpoint'. Neither of them can detect my mouse and it seems that there is a bug in Setpoint that hides the Mouse tab, so settings cannot be changed specific to the Logitech driver ( Ill keep trying fixes found online ).

I have tried many methods such as lowering and increasing priority of certain processes. However, this only results in system instability.

Im not sure what the problem is exactly, I hope I can get some help with this!

Many Thanks,
Super_Stinger