Mouse - Non USB

kestrel0222

I am trying to find a muse for an older computer that does not has a USB port. I need a mouse with the older style connection (round outlet). Sorry for the "non technical" terms, I am not very computer literate. Does anyone now where I might find one of these?

Thanks,

Tom

PatPheFox

just so you know, a usb would work on an older model.

lol just noticed 93% of teenagers listen to rap. If you are one of the 7% that still listens to real music, post this in your signature., ima use this

A Cheese Danish

I am trying to find a muse for an older computer that does not has a USB port. I need a mouse with the older style connection (round outlet). Sorry for the "non technical" terms, I am not very computer literate. Does anyone now where I might find one of these?

Thanks,

Tom

I have an HP mouse that has the PS/2 port, or round port, that you are looking for.
I also have a PS/2 to USB adapter as well.
Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

StrangleHold

Staff member

Thanks,

Tom

PS/2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=False&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=PRICE

All these USB come with a PS/2 adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...iption=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&srchInDesc=

kestrel0222

Thanks everyone! Lots of great info, I have no idea that you could still get these types. I thought only USB connections were available. Thanks again!! :)

Tom

kestrel0222

I have an HP mouse that has the PS/2 port, or round port, that you are looking for.
I also have a PS/2 to USB adapter as well.
Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

I have looked around but I have not been successful in finding how to send a PM. :eek: I have never done that here on this forum, it doesn't appear to be as easy as other forums to send a PM. Other forums just have a link "PM", select it, and a text window appears. I just have not found that option yet. :confused:

Tom

A Cheese Danish

I have looked around but I have not been successful in finding how to send a PM. :eek: I have never done that here on this forum, it doesn't appear to be as easy as other forums to send a PM. Other forums just have a link "PM", select it, and a text window appears. I just have not found that option yet. :confused:

Tom

Yeah, the way to PM here is a lot different from other places. But I somehow lost the mouse :mad:.
I'll keep looking for it today and message you when/if I find it. Also, you need to go into your user control panel
and allow PM's.