Mouse not working!

marti866

Hi, I'm running Windows 98 and all of a sudden my mouse is not working, it does not even show on the screen.

This is my little brothers computer and he says that this happened when he tried to install a game.

Please please help!

ZER0X

VIP Member
I had a trouble like this ages ago with my old computer, You just have to install mouse drivers onto his computer. Well that's what I did and it worked ;)

dharbinson

Try unplugging the mouse and making sure that there iis no great amounts of dust in the USB/PS2 socket etc, if not try uninstalling the game and see if that makes the mouse work. Or go into "Device Manager" and see if there is an exclamation mark by the mouse, if so you should be able to sort the problem out from there.

marti866

There is no mouse situated within the devise manager. I carnt be sure what game he tried to install but I dont think he got it installed fully. Would it cure it if I was to make a start-up disk, this installing the mouse driver???????

Ace1627

To get the driver, figure out which model or brand it is. Go to that companys website and download from there. I would go to your device manager uninstall anything there pertaining to a mouse being there. Then restart or run the add hardware wizard and when make sure you select "from a specific place" or something like that then select the folder you downloaded. Hope this helps.

ZER0X

VIP Member
Make sure he doesn't try to put the game back on the computer, or it will probably happen again :)